Welcome to Peter Carey Building Inspector - Dublin

My name is Peter Carey. I am a building inspector with vast experience in the construction industry. I have worked in the construction industry for over 30 years as quantity surveyor, contracts manager on residential and industrial, building up a wealth of knowledge. I am fully qualified and can provide you with in-depth advice when you are preparing to rent, buy, extend or renovate a property. I work with commercial and domestic clients. I have been running my own practice as a surveyor for over 15 years and continue to grow. We cover all of County Dublin.

As part of my service, I carry out Building Inspections. I also provide reports for potential buyers. All reporting will outline the condition of all the visible areas of the property. I can also provide Land Registry Compliant Maps for houses and apartments and Certificates of Exemption and Compliance, for anybody who is looking to see their property.

Send us an email

I hold Professional Indemnity cover. I am also a member of the Professional Bodies, CIOB (The Chartered Institute of Building) and an association IBSA.


Building Inspector Services

Peter Carey Building Inspectors offer the following services:

  • All types of Commercial and Residential Building Surveys
  • Pre Purchase Property inspection Reports
  • Defects Report (Damp, Cracking, Workmanship)
  • Snag Lists
  • Condition Report
  • Schedule of Dilapidations
  • Preparation of Certificates of Compliance
  • Land Registry Compliant Maps
  • ETC

Note to the Property Purchaser

It is more important than ever to get a building survey carried out before you buy. It is very important in your decision making process. It gives you vital information about the building and it provides you with peace of mind that you are making the right choice. It can also give you room to negotiate on the asking price. I carry out surveys for both commercial and domestic properties.

Re Distressed Property Auction

I advise that you be very careful. Many properties like these have been empty for a long time. This could indicate that there may be problems with things like plumbing, heating, electrics, drainage and so on. Many of these issues may not surface straight away and so may not be found in any Building Survey. Keep a contingency sum available.

For Purchases from Abroad

I can help you with all of these. I can offer you a detailed survey supported with a detailed photo. Discounts can be applied where more than one survey is needed. My service is fast and on time. I can share survey pictures through DropBox where requested. This can help you to get a better insight into the property. I also suggest that we follow up via phone or Skype to discuss the reporting and property in more detail.

What do you need when selling a property?

When you are selling there a few things you will need before you can officially put your house on the market. You will need;

  • BER Cert – This is required for all sales or lettings

  • New Land Registry Compliant Map. This is required since 2011 for the majority of properties due to a change in legislation)

  • Certificate of Exemption with Planning & Compliance with Building Regulation. You will need this if you have extended or altered the property below the exempts limited of 40 msq.

Building Inspector – Legal

I can prepare Land Registry Compliant Maps and Certificate of Exemption for solicitors and sellers. If needed, I can note where there have been any alterations, if the buildings need planning permission or if the Certification will be enough. I can give you full quotes for Certs.

For Solicitors and sellers I can prepare Land Registry Compliant Maps and Certificate of Exemption and if required I can note whether there have been alterations, if buildings require planning permission, or whether Certification will be enough and I can give a quote for Certs at that time.

Specialist Areas

  • Snag List (New Property)
  • House Surveys (Second Hand Property Inspections)
  • Commercial Property Inspection
  • Schedule of Dilapidation (for houses and Commercial property)
  • Certificates of Exemption and Compliance
  • Stage Payment Valuations for Renovation Work
  • Advice on problems in a property
  • Land Registry Compliant Maps
  • ETC